We need volunteers to support our operations daily. Below are some ways that you can make a difference in the lives of those in need.
- Work in our food pantry and or kitchen to prepare meals, food orders or other needs that support our food services that feed hundreds daily
- Work with our facility manager on small construction projects that better our facility
- Work in our office preparing hygiene bags, newsletter mailing preparations or other administrative needs
- Arrange for a special event for our residents, such as music performances, worship opportunities, hair/nail event treatment onsite for residents, etc
- Assist during the holidays with Santaland or holiday food baskets (Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas)
- Provide/arrange for life skills short course for residents, such as nutrition education, personal finance or otherwise
- Organize fundraising events, such as golf tournaments (big or small) or other sporting activities, car washes, theatrical plays or musical programs benefiting The Clarksburg Mission
The potential is boundless. Please do not hesitate to call us with your ideas, come by The Mission, or message us using the form below to volunteer. Thanks!
VOLUNTEER REQUEST FORM
There are too many clothes in America. Typically, the average thrift store also has too much inventory. Our baler program helps solve this issue in our community and surrounding communities. Once we have collected donated clothes, we distribute them among our residents. We then run the spare clothes through our baler machine, which creates 1200 pound bales. These bales get redistributed anywhere from first world to third world countries to people in need.
Through our baler program, we are able to not only help others globally, but revenues from our recycling program are a critical source of funds for our assistance programs. If you have clothes that need to find a new home, please consider donating them to us. Not only will your clothes go to a good cause and help someone in need, but it also allows The Mission to create funds to continue to support our other programs.
Thank you for your generous spirit of giving!
At The Clarksburg Mission, we are always in need of item donations. No donation is too small.
Shampoo & Conditioner
Razors and Shaving Cream
Diapers of all sizes
Pacifiers and Teethers
Paper Plates (more critical item)
Cheese, Fruit and Vegetables
Breakfast Bars and Yogurts
Lettuce and Dressings
Water and Drinks
Coffee, Large Coffee Filters
Sheets (Twin Bed)
Paint/Hardware (or Lowes/Home Depot gift cards)
Office and Operations Items
Printer Ink (Lexmark and HP) or Staples Gift Cards
Pens, Pencils, Paper Clips, Paper Clamps, File Folders, etc.
The Clarksburg Mission provides 50,000 meals, thousands of hygiene packs, life and recovery coaching and much more to thousands of men, women and children every year. It is your support that not only makes this ministry possible but also gives us great encouragement that we are not in this alone. Your contribution will put food on a table, provide work clothes for a resident, provide shelter, help maintain our facilities, provide support and critical care for our most vulnerable population and much more. No amount is too little.
The Clarksburg Mission’s sober living homes provide a critical housing option to those with a willingness and desire for a sober lifestyle. Many people cannot return safely to previous environments. The Mission’s sober living homes provide residents with a critical opportunity to reclaim their lives through honest, faithful and accountable living.
312 N 4th St, Clarksburg, WV 26301